Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Presentation at Beacon House School (North Nazimabad Branch)

My second session of the Move Workshop took place on the 11th of August at the North Nazimabad branch of Beacon House School. This time it took place in the morning. There was a lot of firing going on in N.Nazimabad prior to my presentation. I was a bit apprehensive but thank God my session was completed without any problem.

Reserved Students

The classroom in which I had my session was much bigger compared to the one at the Gulshan Branch which was a bit cramped for space. The same format followed as the previous day which included having a question and answer session. It went well and I was satisfied with it. Although I find the students to be reserved and quiet, in comparison to the students at Gulshan Branch who were more talkative and interested? It could have been that the students were a bit shy and possibly afraid to ask questions seeing me on a wheelchair

Invited by the Principal

After finishing my presentation me and my friends from FESF (Family Services Educational Foundation) were asked to join the principal for tea. The principal was very nice, asking me a number of questions including as to how my presentation went. We did have a good discussion and it was very kind of her to call us.

Getting Experience

I would say that both the workshops were quite satisfying. The change in the Move workshops was effective and very encouraging. Changes are always good and it is always nice to have some experimentation. It was a very good experience for me giving a presentation at schools in Gulshan and Nazimabad for the first time. I look forward to taking part in Move Workshops in the future.



No comments: