Saturday, December 12, 2009

My birthday




Birthdays are considered special ocassions where it is the one day where you are thought of by evberyone including your friends, family and relatives. I celebrated my 40th birthday a couple of days ago and it indeed was a memorable ocassion for me.
It was made memorable by the fact that my phupoo from Lahore and my cousin from Australia were here visiting me and after a gap of almost 30 years they were here on my birthday. Through out the dayI kept on recieving e-mails, phone calls and smses from various friends wishing me and I was reminded that today was my big day so enjoy it.
The feeling I had that day was difficult to describe. I was feeling very happy and excited about the ocassion. Being thought of by so many people was very special and that is what made my day so significant for me.
In the evening I had a dinner for my family and friends at the chinese restaurant Dynasty in Avari Towers. We had 2 seperate tables for my friends and family respectively. I sat with my friends and had a great time. It was also the fact that 5 of my closest friends were there really made the dinner more memorable. One of my friends who is in the States now, was visiting Karachi after 3 years and his presense made it a more joyous ocassion.
Everyone really enjoyed the food and one of my friends made sure to take the photographs. The most important part of blowing the candles and cutting the cake was quite a funny moment for me with my friend helping me to cut the cake. I would have to say it was probably one of the most enjoyable dinners I have had.
So that bought to an end my 40th birthday celebration. It was by all means a memorable and unforgetable one for me. I opened up my birthday gifts and they were all very nice. They say that life begins at 40. I just pray to God that all my dreams I have and what I am working on are achieved successfully.

No comments: