Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My time spent at Karachi Grammar School






Before moving on I would like to talk about Karachi Grammar School. It definitely was one of the best schools in the country and it helped me gain a lot of knowledge. The teachers were all very supportive towards me. I would like to make special mention of the Principal Ms Mujahid who is also there now. Nowadays KGS( Karachi Grammar School) is located in Clifton. The manner in which Ms Mujahid welcomed me in giving a motivational talk will remain fresh in my memory.

I remember going there a couple of times and really the building was immaculate and so clean. It reminded me of the days when the school was located in the hustle and bustle area of Sadaar. There is a small batch of the school still there. It would make me think as to how lucky the students are these days who have not had to study in the old building. KGS definitely improved my English which has helped me in all walks of life.

Using the walker

Being diagnosed of Friedrich’s Ataxia effectively ended my chances of going for higher studies abroad. I decided not to pursue with my studies anymore, as the disease was gradually making it more difficult for me to walk. After doing my A-levels at KGS I decided to give up my studies and concentrate on things that interested me. By this time I had stopped wearing a brace for my back and was now in the process of walking with a walker. The walker provided me assistance and prevented me from falling down in the beginning. With the passage of time it apparently got more tough for me to use the walker and I was beginning to fall down a lot.


No comments: